Monday, April 6, 2009

April Showers....

This weekend was a good one- but very busy! It all started on Friday when we went house hunting (a weekly chore now). We only saw 3, but one was 20 miles away. The second one we saw (in Salem) reminded us of a crack house- not kidding. It was very sketchy. The last house was on the Mont. Co/Roanoke Co line...in Catawba. By this time, we (B, me, and our realtor) were all delerious and starving. It was quite an experience.

Saturday was busy spring cleaning day, cleaning out closets and just cleaning up the house and cars. I finally figured out what was wrong with my car -- my tire almost blew out on me. My car had been wobbling on the road and I thought maybe it was the alignment, but it really felt like my tire...and I was right. On the inside, the tire was literally ripping off. Surprisingly, I didn't have a blow out on the interstate (my drive to work). I had to act quickly though because it was late in the day and I needed to find tires! Luckily I did and had them replaced at a nice price.

Sunday was busy too. Since B and I won't be here for Easter, we had a family Sunday that included early Palm Sunday mass, church brunch, and family dinner. Mel and Bill also were in so we were able to see them for a couple of hours for lunch. So glad we got to catch up! I hate living so far away from them.

I got to spend some quality time with my niece, which is nice since I'm missing her first Easter :(. We fought a bit during mass when she was sleepy (I finally won that battle) and B and I enjoyed stepping in during the 1 1/2 hour mass with the little one.

Spring break is next week (finally!) and we're heading off to GA. I'm excited, but I'm hoping the pollen isn't too bad because I'm already drowning in bad allergies! It's been such a busy spring already -- ready for summer and no school :)

1 comment:

  1. so glad we got to see you too! miss you guys. someday i will convince bill we should live closer by :)

    ReplyDelete